Sachin Tendulkar Full Biography
Sachiiiiin, Sachin! You must have heard the hooting even if you are not a cricket fan. the chant was first heard in Wankhede Stadium. Million of people became die heart fans of Sachin back at that time. Sachin is moreover a brand that inspires people to the core not only in India but also across the World. He served as a hope for the entire nation in times of tension and being such a legend he was very down to earth. He was or rather is an emotion for the entire country. When he retired people even promised to never ever watch cricket again. But the stage at which he is currently doesn’t come easy to him. years of hard work and struggle to let him to the glory. let’s go behind the scenes and admire his struggling days.
• He made 1,894 ODI runs in 1998, which is a record for most ODI runs by any batsman in a calendar year.
• Most number of Test runs – 15,921
• Most number of ODI runs – 18,426
• Most number of Tests played – 200
• Most number of ODIs played – 463
• First batsman to score a double hundred in ODIs
• Only batsman to have scored 100 international centuries
• Most number of Test centuries – 51
• Most number of ODI tons – 49
• Most ODI half-centuries – 96
• Most number of runs (2,278) in World Cup history
• Most World Cup appearances (6 editions)
• Most fifties in Tests – 68
• Fastest to 10,000 runs in Tests (195 innings – along with Brian Lara (WI) and Kumar Sangakkara (SL))
• Most runs in a single edition of World Cup (673 runs in 2003)
• Most ODI hundreds in a calendar year (9 in 1998)
• Only one to accomplish rare ODI triple: 15000 runs (18426), 100 wickets (154) and 100 catches (140)
• Most times to score 1000 runs in a calendar year: 7 times
• Most Fours: 2016
• Most runs in World Cups: 2278 runs at an average of 56.95 in 45 matches
• Most centuries in World Cups: 6 in 44 innings
• Most Man of the Match titles in World Cups: 9
• Highest number of Man of the Match titles in ODIs: 62
• Most Man of the Match titles in all formats: 76
• Most Man of the Series titles in all formats: 20
1) Sometimes around 2001-02, he was asked to remove the Indian flag sticker which featured on his helmet, the reason sought was that the helmet was kept with boots thus disrespecting the national flag. He removed the flag after that.
2) The duty-free Ferrari controversy.
3) The on-field ball-tampering controversy during India’s tour of SA, where Mike Denness had accused more than half the Indian team for excessive appealing and Tendulkar of ball-tampering. The fall-out of this resulted in the 3rd Test being declared unofficial.
4) The Monkey Gate controversy was the greatest but his involvement was tangential, as a witness for the defence.
5) During his term as Rajya Sabha Member, he was often criticized for being absent in Parliament sitting and not raising any questions in the house.
1. Sachin Tendulkar is India’s first active cricketer to be nominated to the Rajya Sabha.
2. As an aspiring fast bowler, a young Sachin Tendulkar was rejected by Dennis Lillee’s MRF Pace Foundation in 1987.
3. During the 1987 World Cup, Sachin was a ball boy for the match between India and Zimbabwe at the Wankhede Stadium. He was 14 then.
4. Sachin Tendulkar fielded for Pakistan as a substitute during a one-day practice match against India at the Brabourne Stadium in 1988.
5. During his early days, Tendulkar would win a coin from his coach Ramakant Achrekar if he could bat through an entire session of nets without being dismissed. Tendulkar has 13 such coins.
6. In October 1995, Sachin became the richest cricketer when he signed a five-year contract worth Rs 31.5 crore with World Tel.
7. Sachin Tendulkar used to sleep with his cricket gear during his junior days.
8. Sachin Tendulkar loves collecting perfumes and watches.
9. Tendulkar’s first car was a Maruti-800.
10. Sachin Tendulkar was the first international batsman to be given out by a third-umpire.
In 1992, on the second day of the Durban Test, a Jonty Rhodes throw caught Tendulkar short of the crease. After watching TV replays, he was adjudged out. Karl Liebenberg of South Africa was the third umpire in the match.
11. At 19, Sachin Tendulkar became the youngest Indian to play county cricket.
12. The first advertisement in which Sachin featured was for a sticking plaster.
13. The first brand which Sachin Tendulkar endorsed was the health drink ‘Boost.’ He was
seen alongside Kapil Dev in many of their ad films, the start of which happened in 1990.
14. In his debut Test match, English fast bowler Alan Mullally complained that Sachin Tendulkar was batting with a bat broader than the normal willow.
15. Sachin Tendulkar started off with centuries in his debut matches in the Ranji, Duleep and Irani Trophy.
16. Sachin Tendulkar was led onto the field on his Ranji debut by his then captain, Ravi Shastri.
17. Sachin Tendulkar uses a very heavy bat at the crease, weighing 3.2lbs. Only South Africa`s Lance Klusener used a heavier bat in world cricket.
18. Sachin Tendulkar, who is considered as a calm character, was a big bully in the school.
19. Sachin Tendulkar went to watch the movie Roja in 1995 with a beard and disguise. It all went wrong when his glasses fell off and the crowd in the cinema hall recognized him.
20. Sachin Tendulkar has been granted the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, Arjuna Award and Padma Shri by the Indian government. He is the only Indian cricketer to get all of them.
21. When young Sachin fell from a tree on a Sunday evening during his summer vacation, while Guide was shown on national TV, his infuriated brother (and mentor) Ajit sent him to cricket coaching class as a punishment.
22. The naughty Sachin Tendulkar used to go fishing for tadpoles and guppy fishes in the stream that ran through the compound of Sahitya Sahawas at Bandra East.
23. Sachin Tendulkar once told a Marathi news channel in an interview that his weakness is `vada-pao`, a popular Maharashtrian snack.
24. Sachin used his favorite vampire bat during the innings in which he scored the historical 50th Test ton.
25. Sachin Tendulkar batted in his debut Test against Pakistan wearing the pads gifted to him by Sunil Gavaskar.
26. Sachin Tendulkar was a huge fan of John McEnroe, a former tennis legend. He grew his hair and tied a band around it to copy his idol.
27. Tendulkar has scored most centuries in a calendar year: 9 ODI centuries in 1998.
28. In 1998, he made 1,894 ODI runs, a record for ODI runs by any batsman in a calendar year.
29. Sachin Tendulkar is himself a role model for many admirers from other sports such as tennis stars Pete Sampras and Boris Becker, and Argentina footballer Diego Maradona.
30. Sachin Tendulkar was named after the great musician Sachin Dev Burman. Sachin’s father Ramesh Tendulkar, was a big fan of SD’s music.
31. Sachin loves Kishore Kumar and rock group Dire Straits.
32. Sachin calls Sourav Ganguly `Babu Moshai` while Ganguly calls him `Chhota Babu`.
33. Sachin once made his mother look for a frog Bhaji recipe!
34. The nanny who looked after Sachin has been universally called Sachuchi Bai.
35. Sachin is so possessive about his Ferrari that wife Anjali is not allowed to drive it.
36. Sachin loved to play tennis ball cricket and darts during rain breaks.
37. A prankster that he is, Sachin once put a hose pipe into Sourav Ganguly’s room and
turned the tap on.
38. Sachin Tendulkar was without a bat contract until the start of the 1996 Cricket World Cup. At the end of the tournament, a famous tyre manufacturer-sponsored his willow.
39. In 1992, Sachin became the youngest cricketer to reach 1000 runs in Test cricket.
40. Tendulkar is the only player who has 40 wickets and more than 11000 runs in Tests.
Checkout Biographies Of Popular Cricketers
Section: Cricketer Biography – Sachin Tendulkar Cricketer Biography
Former India batter VVS Laxman believes that the few misconceptions between Rohit Sharma and KL Rahul during the first session of… Read More
3rd T20 BAN vs AUS Dream11 Team Prediction BAN vs AUS Dream11 Team Pre… Read More
Bhanuka Rajapaksa is a Sri Lankan cricketer. He is a Left-handed batsman and a right-arm… Read More
2nd T20 BAN vs AUS Dream11 Team Prediction BAN vs AUS Dream11 Team Pre… Read More
Former Indian team player Sanjay Manjrekar has opined that India might struggle against the moving… Read More
1st Test ENG vs IND Dream11 Team Prediction ENG vs IND Dream11 Team Pre Info:… Read More