Virat Kohli Indian Cricketer Full Biography
Born on 5 November 1988, Virat Kohli is an Indian Cricketer who currently captains the Indian International Team. He is know as the name of Chikoo. He is a Right-handed batsman and Right-arm medium bowler. After Sachin Tendulkar Kohli is known as the best cricketer in the world. In IPL he plays for Royal Challengers Bengaluru and has been the team’s captain since 2013. Virat Kohli is having a huge fan following internationally. He is currently having 53.3m Followers on Instagram and 34.6 Million on Twitter.
Virat Kohli is the brand ambassador of many millionaire brands such as Puma, Audi, etc. He has also tied up his partnership with the MPL app recently.
Virat Kohli Indian Cricketer- Basic Information
- Name: Virat Kohli
- Nickname: Chiku
- Role: Batsman
- Batting Style: Right-Handed
- Bowling Style: Right-arm medium
Virat Kohli Physical Appearance
- Height (approx.): (175 cm)
- Weight (approx.): 69 Kg
- Eye Colour: Dark Brown
- Hair Colour: Black
Personal Life Of Virat Kohli
- Date of Birth: 30 Nov 1988
- Age: 31 Years
- Birth Place: Delhi
- Zodiac sign: Sagittarius
- Nationality: Indian
- School: Vishal Bharti Public School, Delhi
- College: NA
- Educational Qualifications: 12th standard
Virat Kohli Family & Religion
- Father: Prem Kohli
- Mother: Saroj Kohli
- Brother: Vikash Kohli
- Sister: Bhavna Kohli
- Coach/Mentor: Rajkumar Sharma
- Religion: Hinduism
- Address: Meera Bagh, Paschim Vihar, Delhi metro green line DLF City, Phase -1, Block-C, Gurgaon. 35th floor of the Omkar ‘1973’ in Worli, Mumbai
Cricket Career Of Virat Kohli
- Test:20 Jun 2011 vs West Indies at Kingston
- ODI:18 Aug 2008 vs Sri Lanka at Dambulla
- T20:12 Jun 2010 vs Zimbabwe at Harare
- Jersey Number: #18 (India), #18 (Ipl)
- Domestic/State Teams: Delhi, Royal Challengers Bangalore
- Nature on the field: Calm
Virat Kohli Batting Career
Virat Kohli Bowling Career
Highlighted Records Of Virat Kohli
- Third Indian to make 2 ODI hundreds after Sachin Tendulkar and Suresh Raina by the age of 22.
- First Indian to score a ton on World Cup debut in the year 2011
- Fastest Indian to complete 100, 2000, 3000, 4000 and 5000 runs in ODI’s.
- Fastest century by an Indian off 52 balls against Australia.
- Fastest to reach 7500 ODI runs in the world.
- Fastest to score 25 ODI tons.
- Third to score 3 double hundreds in Test cricket in a year after Don Bradman and Ricky Ponting.
- 4 double hundreds in tests along with Graeme Smith, Dion Bradman and Michael Clarke.
- First Indian skipper to register 9 test wins in a calendar year.
- First Indian captain to register 5 test series win on the trot.
- Second Indian to aggregate 1000 test runs after Rahul Dravid.
- First Indian captain to score a double century in an overseas test.
- Most hundreds (4) and most runs in a single edition in IPL (973 runs in IPL 2016).
- Highest Individual score by an Indian skipper in test- 235 vs Sri Lanka.
Virat Kohli Preferences & Hobbies
- Hobbies: Workout, Travelling, Singing, Dancing, etc.
- Likes: Watching Roger Federer play, besides Cricket he loves to play Football and Tennis, Loves to drive cars, having Sushi(meal), catching up with old friends, etc.
- Dislikes: Does not like to sit idle for a long period of time, don’t like too many guests at home.
- Favorite Batsman: Herschelle Gibbs, Sachin Tendulkar, Chris Gayle, Shane Watson, Joe Root.
- Favorite Bowler: Shane Warne
- Favorite Cricket Ground: Adelaide Oval, Adelaide, Australia
- Favorite Cricket Commentator: Harsha Bhogle
- Favorite Food: Solomon, Sushi, Lamb Chops
- Favorite Actors: Aamir Khan, Johnny Depp, Robert Downey Jr. /Penelope Cruz, Aishwarya Rai, Kareena Kapoor, Katrina Kaif
- Favorite Films: Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikander, Ishq, 3 Idiots, Border, Rocky4, Iron Man, Southpaw
- Favorite Singer: Asrar, Eminem
- Favorite TV Show: Homeland, Narcos, Breaking Bad
- Favorite Car: Aston Martin
- Favorite Book: Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramahansa Yogananda
Virat Kohli Cars Collection
Virat Kohli is the brand ambassador of the Audi cars.
Audi Q7, Audi S6, Audi R8V10, Audi R8 LMX, Audi A8L W12 Quattro, Toyota Fortuner
Virat Kohli Relationship Status
- Marital Status: Married
- Affiars/Girlfriend: Sarah-Jane Dias (Actress, rumor), Sanjana (Model, rumor), Tamannaah Bhatia (Actress, rumor), Izabelle Leite (Brazilian Model, rumor), Anushka Sharma (Actress)
- Wife: Anushka Sharma
- Marriage Date: 11th December 2017
- Children: NA
Awards and Recognitions
- In 2012, he was named as one of the 10 best dressed international men. He was given the Arjuna Award (2013) and Padma Shri Award (2017) by the Government of India.
- Since October 2017, he has been the top-ranked ODI batsman in the world and is currently 1st in Test rankings with 928 points
Controversies did by Virat Kohli ( Indian Cricketer )
- In the year 2011, when Kohli first toured Australia, he showed his middle finger to the crowd in Sydney after the crowd abused him while he was fielding near the boundary line.
- The very famous incident took place in the year 2013 during the IPL. He was captaining the Royal Challengers Bangalore side and was up against Gautam Gambhir’s Kolkata Knight Riders. After Kohli was dismissed he got involved in an ugly spat with his then Indian side teammate Gautam Gambhir. The two Delhi lads were involved in some rough talks until Rajat Bhatia came and intervened.
The All Out Cricket Post Interview Of Virat Kohli
- Since the age of 3, Virat was fascinated by cricket.
- His nickname ‘Chikoo’ was given by his Delhi State coach Ajit Chaudhary in his childhood days.
- In 2003, his coach Raj Kumar Sharma had invited Ashish Nehra to his academy, where he awarded young Kohli as he was the highest run-scorer for Delhi in the 2002-2003 Polly Umrigar Trophy, with 172 runs at an average of 34.40.
- In 2006, his father died of a brain stroke, but the very next day after his father’s death, he played a match-saving knock for Delhi against Karnataka, where he scored 90 runs
Checkout Biographies Of Popular Cricketers
- South Africa Cricketers Biography
- England Cricketers Biography
- Australia Cricketers Biography
- NewZealand Cricketers Biography
- Bangladesh Cricketers Biography
- Pakistan Cricketers Biography
- West Indies Cricketers Biography
Section: Cricketer Biography – Cricketer Biography
Check Out Important Post
• Download MPL APK & Use MPL Referral Code - Get Rs.100 Sign-up Bonus
• VIVO IPL 2020 | Match Schedule, Time Table & Venue
• Download Dream11 Apk, Use Referral Code - Get Free Rs.100
• Check out Cricketer Full Biography, Height, Weight & Record
• Top Best Fantasy Cricket Apps List To Earn Real Cash