The Indian Premier League (IPL) 2022 mega auction got off to a cracking start on Saturday in Bengaluru as all ten players who were part of the marquise list found purchasers. Shreyas Iyer became the most expensive player in IPL 2022 on the sale for Rs 12.25 crore.
Delhi Capitals(DC) went on a bidding frenzy, trying to retain all their former players but they completed up buying only David Warner, the former SunRisers Hyderabad(SRH) captain sold for Rs 6.25 crore.
IPL 2022 Mega Auction: Live Updates
Only CSK, Mumbai Indians, and SunRisers Hyderabad were the three teams who did not bid any players from the marquise list. Meanwhile, Mumbai let go of Quinton de Kock, Chennai Super Kings lost Faf du Plessis to Royal Challengers Bangalore(RCB) who bid the South Africa opener for Rs 7 crore.
IPL 2022 Auction: Expensive Players in marquee List.
- Shreyas Iyer – Kolkata Knight Riders – Rs 12.25 crore
- Kagiso Rabada – Punjab Kings – Rs 9.25 crore
- Shikhar Dhawan – Punjab Kings for Rs 8.25 crore
- R Ashwin – Rajasthan Royals – Rs 5 crore
- Pat Cummins – Kolkata Knight Riders – Rs 7.25 crore
- Trent Boult – Rajasthan Royals – Rs 8 crore
- Mohammed Shami – Gujarat Titans – Rs 6.25 crore
- Faf du Plessis – Royal Challengers Bangalore – Rs 7 crore
- Quinton de Kock – Lucknow Super Giants – Rs 6.75 crore
- David Warner – Delhi Capitals – Rs 6.25 crore
Five most expensive players in IPL history: IPL Auction
Here is a look at the top five most expensive players in the history of the league.
Chris Morris – INR 16.25 Crore
Chris Morris became the most expensive purchase in the history of the Indian Premier League (IPL) when Rajasthan Royals bid for his services at the IPL 2021 mini-auction. He is an all-rounder player.
Yuvraj Singh – INR 16 Crore
The flashy left-hander was roped in by Delhi Daredevils (now Delhi Capitals) ahead of the 2015 season for the highest INR 16 crore, just a year after Royal Challengers Bangalore(RCB) made a successful buy of INR 14 Crore for him. He is an all-rounder player.
Pat Cummins – INR 15.5 Crore
In IPL 2020 Kolkata Knight Riders broke the bank on Pat Cummins for INR 15.5 crore bid. The lanky Australia pacer took the IPL by storm in 2020, making him the most expensive overseas acquisition the league had seen.
Kyle Jamieson – INR 15 Crore
The towering Kiwi was the 2nd most expensive player at the IPL auctions 2021, with Virat Kohli-led RCB taking him in its fold for a staggering INR 15 crore.
Ben Stokes – INR 14.5 Crore
The talismanic England all-rounder more than legitimate his price tag of INR 14.5 crores with an outstanding 2017 season for Rising Pune Supergiant.
Also read:- IPL 2022: “He hasn’t done anything whatever without talking”- Virender Sehwag
Check Out Important Post
• Download Vision11 Apk | Best Fantasy App - Get Rs.300 Bonus
• Download MPL APK & Use MPL Referral Code - Get Rs.100 Sign-up Bonus
• TATA IPL 2022 | Match Schedule, Time Table & Venue
• Download Dream11 Apk, Use Referral Code - Get Free Rs.100
• Check out Cricketer Full Biography, Height, Weight & Record
• Top Best Fantasy Cricket Apps List To Earn Real Cash