All About Luis Suarez
Luis Alberto Suárez Díaz was born on 24th January 1987 in Salto, Uruguay. He is an Uruguayan professional footballer who plays as a forward for Spanish club FC Barcelona and the Uruguay national team.Suarez has won a total of 14 awards, including a UEFA Champions League title, a Copa American and four league names. You may know Suarez as a “BITE MAN PLAYER”. His biting action has really made him understandable among non-football lovers.
Basic Detail About Footballer Star – Luis Suarez-
|DATE OF BIRTH|| |
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Salto, Uruguay|
|PLAYING POSITION|| |
|NET WORTH SALARY|| |
Luis Suarez Family & Personal Life –
Father: He is named Rodolfo Suarez. The man earned his living as a porter being from a poor social class with African roots.
Mother: Her name is Sandra Suarez. Nothing more has been revealed about this woman.
Siblings: Luis has seven siblings. One of his brothers whose name is Edinson Cavani is also a soccer player.
Husbands and kids: He is married to Sofia Balbi and has two children named Benjamin and Delfina.
Have you checked out: Top Fantasy Football Hosting Sites
Luis Suarez Earlier Life –
Luis Alberto Suarez Diaz was born on 24 January 1987 in Salto, Uruguay, to Rodolfo and Sandra Suarez. His father was a porter from a poor mixed background having African ancestors. His family moved to Montevideo for work when Luis was seven years old.He has seven siblings. His elder brother, Paolo Suarez, is also a professional footballer who played for the National Football League of Guatemala. Their childhood was ridden with poverty and it was difficult to afford even a pair of football boots. However, this did not stop Luis from pursuing the sport which he started playing on the street.His mother encouraged him by introducing him to Urreta, which was a rich football club in Montevideo. Suarez scored a hat-trick as a substitute in his first friendly match and from there he started rising as a footballer of high promise.
At the age of nine, while playing for Urreta, he was discovered by Wilson Pirez, who was scouting for the Nacional youth team. By the time he was 12, his father walked out on the family and his mother and grandmother had to struggle to bring up the boys. By then, Suarez was working towards a career opening with Nacional.He was not very bright in academics, nor was he initially keen on becoming a professional footballer. However, his family condition and the requirement to earn something motivated him to take up the sport.He was in the wrong company as a teen and took to drinking, but things changed when he met Sofia Balbi when he was 15. She was a positive influence on his life and is now his wife.
Best Application: Download MPL App & Play Fantasy Football
Luis Suarez Career –
He played his first professional match for Nacional youth club against Copa Libertadores. Though the match ended in a 3-2 defeat, Suarez netted his first senior level goal with an impressive overhead kick. He went on to play for Nacional 34 times and scored 12 goals for them. He was their main striker who helped them lift the 2005- 2006 Uruguayan League.He made his international debut in football as a member of the Uruguayan team that reached the knock out stage of the 2007, U20 World Cup, played in Canada. They lost to the USA but it was Argentina that won the tournament. The exposure helped Suarez understand the dynamics of international professional football.After the U20 World Cup, he got offers from Groningen and Ajax football clubs to play professional football. He joint Groningen for a short while and was subsequently picked up by Ajax for 7.5 million Euros. During his five year contract with Ajax, he scored 111 goals in 159 matches for the club and was recognised as the Dutch Footballer of the Year in the very first season.
He was next hired by Liverpool FC for a whopping 22.8 million Euros and became one of their most expensive players in 2011. His brilliance with the ball helped his team win the Champions League and the ‘Golden Boot’ for himself. He was named PFA Players’ Player of the Year and the FWA Footballer of the Year.Luis wanted to be closer to his wife so he left Liverpool to join Barcelona FC for 75 million Pounds. He is one of their three main strikers with Messi and Neymar. After he became part of the team they registered their second historic win of the prestigious continental treble consisting of the La Liga, Copa dal Rey and UEFA Champions League.Suarez played a pivotal role in the fourth position finish of Uruguay in the 2010 FIFA World Cup. He also helped his national team to win a record fifteenth Copa America and was named Player of the Tournament in 2011. He captained the national team at the 2012 Olympic Games where he scored a hat-trick against Chile. The year 2013 saw him as the star player of Uruguay in the Confederation Cup where he scored a crucial goal against Spain in their opening game. At the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil, Suarez scored his 40th international goal for his country.
Luis Suarez International career –
Luis Suarez has performed in many tournaments representing his national side in both junior and senior levels. The footballer launched his senior career on 8 February 2007 for his team in a 3-0 win away Colombia. Additionally, he helped his national team for winning the 15th Copa America. He also scored his 1st international goal in an opening match on a 1-1 draw with Peru. He also played 2012 Olympic Games, Confederation Cup 2013 and World Cup 2014 that he performed outstandingly.
Luis Suarez is a Uruguayan soccer player who has a net worth of $70 million. Between June 2017 and June 2018, Luis Suarez earned $27 million, of which $20 million was salary and $7 million was from endorsements. He plays at the forward position. Luis Suarez was born in Salto, Uruguay on January 24, 1987. His senior career began at Nacional in 2005, where he played in 34 matches, scoring 12 goals. In 2006, he moved on to Gronigen, playing 37 matches and scoring 15 goals. From there he joined Ajax in 2007, staying with the club until 2011. Ajax has been his most successful stop to date, scoring 111 goals in 159 appearances. In 2011, he joined Liverpool, and has scored 71 goals in 113 matches as of January 2014. Internationally, Luis Suarez has been playing for the Uruguayan team since 2007. As of the end of 2013, he’s scored 39 goals in 71 appearances. Over the course of his career, Luis Suarez has received a number of accolades. At the club level, he won the League Cup during the 2011-12 season with Liverpool, and the KNVB Cup in 2009-10 with Ajax. He also won the Copa America in 2011 Uruguay. Luis Suarez has also won a number of individual awards, including the FSF Player of the Year in 2013, the PFA Team of the Year in 2012-13, Copa America Player of the Tournament in 2011, the Eredivisie Golden Boot in 2009-10, the KNVB Cup Top Goalscorer in 2009-10, and the Dutch Footballer of the Year in 2009-10. In June of 2014 during the World Cup, FIFA officially charged Suarez with biting Italy defender, Giorgio Chiellini, during the match between Italy and Uruguay. He was banned from all “football-related activities” for four months which ruled him out o the rest of the World Cup and the start of the domestic season. Allegedly, this was not the first time Suarez has bitten another player.
Awards and Achievements
- Clinched the title of Ajax Player of the Year in 2009 and 2010
- Became Dutch Footballer of the Year in the season 2009–10
- Won the Eredivisie Golden Boot in the season 2009–10
- Entitled as the World’s Best Top Division Goalscorer in the year 2010, 2014, 2016 by IFFHS
- Won the Copa América Player of the Tournament in 2011
- Became Liverpool Player of the Season twice in 2012–13 and 2013–14
- Became Premier League Player of the Month twice in December 2013 and March 2014
- Entitled with the Liverpool Goal of the Season in 2013–14
- Clinched FWA Footballer of the Year title in 2013–14
- Became Premier League Player of the Season in 2013–14
- Bagged the Premier League Golden Boot in 2013–14
- Clinched the FSF Player of the Year title in 2013–14
- Awarded the Players’ Player of the Year Award by PFA in the year 2014
- Earned the European Golden Shoe for premier league season 2013-14 and La Liga season 2015-16
- Secured the highest position at the 2014 FIFA World Cup qualification campaign in the South American section with 11 goals
- Clinched ESM Team of the Year title thrice during the years 2014, 2015 and 2016
- Became UEFA Champions League Team of the Season in 2015 and 2016
- Bagged FIFA Club World Cup Golden Ball and Golden Boot in 2015
- Clinched FIFA Club World Cup MVP of the Final Match Trophy in 2015
- Won La Liga Pichichi Trophy in 2015–16
- Bagged La Liga World Player of the Year title in 2015–16
- Became Barcelona Player of the Season in 2015–16
- Clinched La Liga Player of the Month four times in May 2016, December 2017, October 2018 and December 2019
MORE BIOGRAPHIES TO WATCH –
- Paul Pogba Full Biography, Records & Achievements, Age Family, & More
- LUCA MODRIC Full Biography, Records & Achievements, Age Family, & More
- Eden Hazard Full Biography, Records & Achievements, Age Family, & More
Check Out Important Post
• Download MPL APK & Use MPL Referral Code - Get Rs.100 Sign-up Bonus
• VIVO IPL 2020 | Match Schedule, Time Table & Venue
• Download Dream11 Apk, Use Referral Code - Get Free Rs.100
• Check out Cricketer Full Biography, Height, Weight & Record
• Top Best Fantasy Cricket Apps List To Earn Real Cash