Mohammad Shahzad Full Biography
Afghanistan’s explosive wicketkeeper-batsman Mohammad Shahzad started playing cricket at his early age while staying in a refugee camp in Peshawar. Originally he’s from Nangarhar but he played a lot of cricket in Pakistan and also got married there before moving back to his homeland.
Mohammad Shahzad was one of the eleven cricketers to feature in Afghanistan’s first-ever Test match in 2018 against India. Shahzad introduced himself in world cricket when he smashed a ton against Netherland in a first-class game. With this, he becomes the first player from Afghanistan to score a century in an ODI game. Following the next year, Shahzad scores a double century against Canada to chase down a mammoth target of 494 in the Intercontinental Cup. Shahzad finished this tournament as the top run-getter with 802 runs at a healthy average of 80, including two 100’s and five 50’s. He was also leading stats for being the best wicket-keeper batsman, with a total of 28 dismissals behind the stumps, including 25 catches and 3 stumpings in the event.
Mohammad Shahzad also has a very rare record when he scoring an ODI hundred in the lowest team score – by reaching an ODI century at a point when Afghanistan’s score was just 131, he achieved this unique record against India in Asia Cup 2018. Apart from International cricket, Shahzad also performed well for franchises he played for. Playing in the T10 league, Shahzad played one of the explosive knocks in cricket history where he smashes 74 runs on just 16 deliveries at a strike-rate of 462.50, slamming eight sixes and six fours.
Mohammad Shahzad Basic Information
- Name: Mohammad ShahzadMohammadi
- Nickname:Shehzad Mohammadi
- Role: Wicketkeeper batsman
- Batting Style: Right-hand bat
- Bowling Style: n/a
Mohammad Shahzad Physical Appearance
- Height (approx.): 5 ft 3 in
- Weight (approx.): 85 kg
- Eye Colour: Dark Brown
- Hair Colour: Black
Personal Life Of Mohammad Shahzad
- Date of Birth: January 10, 1987,
- Age: 34 years
- Birth Place: Nangarhar, Afghanistan
- Zodiac sign: Aquarius
- Nationality: Afghanistan
- School: n/a
- College: n/a
- Educational Qualifications: n/a
- Net Worth: 4-5 million USD
Family & Religion of Mohammad Shahzad
- Father: n/a
- Mother: n/a
- Brother: n/a
- Sister: n/a
- Coach/Mentor: Inzamamulhaq
- Religion: Islam
- Address: Nangarhar, Afghanistan
Cricket Career Of Mohammad Shahzad
- Test: India v Afghanistan at Bengaluru, 2018
- ODI: Netherlands v Afghanistan at Amstelveen, 2009
- T20: Afghanistan v Ireland at Colombo (PSS),2010
- Jersey Number: 77
- Domestic/State Teams: Afghanistan, Chittagong Vikings, Habib Bank Limited, Peshawar Zalmi, Rangpur Rangers, Rangpur Riders,
- Nature on the field: Calm
Highlighted Records Of Mohammad Shahzad
- During Desert T20 Challenge in 2017, Mohammad Shahzad becomes the cricket player in history to score two half-centuries in two different international matches on the same day with 80 against Oman and 52* against Ireland.
- Shahzad was one of the first eleven cricketers to play in Afghanistan’s first-ever Test match, against India in 2018.
- Shahzad sets the record for the most dismissals (5) as a wicketkeeper in a single T20I inning.
- In 2016, Shahzad become the first associate player to score 10 fifty-plus scores in T20Is.
- He hit the fastest half-century in T10 history off 12 balls for Rajputs in 2018.
- In 2010 he also became the first Afghanistan batsman to score a first-class double century against Canada in the Intercontinental Cup scoring 214 not out.
Mohammad Shahzad Preferences & Hobbies
- Hobbies: Listening to music
- Favorite Cricketers: MS Dhoni
- Favorite Sportspersons: N/A
- Favorite Food: Karahigosht
- Favorite Color: blue
Mohammad Shahzad Relationship Status
- Marital Status: married
- Marriage Date:n/a
- Children: n/a
Mohammad Shahzad Awards and Recognitions
- At the end of 2016, Shahzad was named the ICC’s Associate and Affiliate Player of the Year.
Controversies did by Mohammad Shahzad
- Mohammad Shahzad suspended by ACB for some definite time due to a breach of the Code of Conduct. During World Cup 2019, the Afghanistan wicketkeeper-batsman slammed captain Gulbadin Naib and top board officials for sending him home despite being fit to play.
- In 2016 during Bangladesh Premier League, Shahzad was suspended by the Bangladesh Cricket Board for physical interaction with Rajshahi Kings player Sabbir Rahman.
- Shahzad was approached by a match-fixer, requesting he underperform in the first edition of the Afghanistan premier league.
The All Out Cricket Post Interview Of Mohammad Shahzad
Lesser-Known Facts About Mohammad Shahzad
- Shahzad’s forefathers were originally from Nangarhar Province Afghanistan, but they moved to a refugee camp in Peshawar, Pakistan.
- Shahzad spent most of his early life in Peshawar and was married in Peshawar.
Checkout Biographies Of Popular Cricketers
- South Africa Cricketers Biography
- England Cricketers Biography
- Australia Cricketers Biography
- NewZealand Cricketers Biography
- Bangladesh Cricketers Biography
- Pakistan Cricketers Biography
- West Indies Cricketers Biography
Section: Cricketer Biography – Afghanistan Cricketer Biography
Check Out Important Post
• Download MPL APK & Use MPL Referral Code - Get Rs.100 Sign-up Bonus
• VIVO IPL 2020 | Match Schedule, Time Table & Venue
• Download Dream11 Apk, Use Referral Code - Get Free Rs.100
• Check out Cricketer Full Biography, Height, Weight & Record
• Top Best Fantasy Cricket Apps List To Earn Real Cash