Rahul Dravid Full Biography
Born On 11 Jan 1973, Rahul Sharad Dravid is a former Indian Cricketer. He was a right-handed batsman and occasionally bowled in Right-arm Off spin. Rahul was also known with the name as The Wall, Jammy, My Dependable. Rahul was born in Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India and currently lives in Mumbai with his family.
Rahul married his wife Vijeta Pendharkar on 4 May 2003. His wife is a Surgeon by profession. Currently, Rahul is a father of two children named Samit Dravid and Anvay Dravid.
Currently, he is the Director of Cricket Operations at the National Cricket Academy, Bengaluru, India. He also monitors the progress of India A and India under-19 cricket teams.
Rahul Dravid Cricketer- Basic Information
- Name: Rahul Sharad Dravid
- Nickname: The Wall, Jammy, Mr. Dependable
- Role: Batsman
- Batting Style: Right-Handed Batsman
- Bowling Style: Right-arm off-spin
Rahul Dravid Physical Appearance
- Height (approx.): 5’ 11”
- Weight (approx.): 76 Kg
- Eye Colour: Black
- Hair Colour: Black
Personal Life Of Rahul Dravid
- Date of Birth: 11 January 1973
- Age: 47 Years
- Birth Place: Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India
- Zodiac sign: Capricorn
- Nationality: Indian
- Hometown: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
- School: St. Joseph’s Boys’ High School, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
- College: St. Joseph’s College of Commerce, Bangalore University, Bangalore, Karnataka, India,
St Joseph’s College of Business Administration, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
- Educational Qualifications: Degree in Commerce
- Net Worth: $23 million (₹165 crores)
Rahul Dravid Family & Religion
- Father: Sharad Dravid
- Mother: Pushpa Dravid
- Brother: Vijay Dravid
- Sister: NA
- Coach/Mentor: Keki Tarapore, G R Vishwanath
- Religion: Hindu
- Address: 13th Main Indira Nagar, Bangalore
Cricket Career Of Rahul Dravid
- Test: 20 June 1996 vs England at Lord’s
- ODI: 3 April 1996 vs Sri Lanka at Singapore
- T20: NA
- Test: 24 January 2012 vs Australia at Adelaide
- ODI: 16 September 2011 vs England at Cardiff
- T20: NA
- Jersey Number: #19 (Indian) #19 (IPL)
- Domestic/State Teams: Karnataka, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Rajasthan Royal,
- Nature on the field: Calm
Rahul Dravid Batting Career
Rahul Dravid Bowling Career
Highlighted Records Of Rahul Dravid
- His two partnerships in ODI, 318-run partnership with Sourav Ganguly and a 331-run partnership with Sachin Tendulkar, is a world record.
- He holds the record for playing the greatest number of innings before being dismissed for a duck.
- In the test, he scored 5 double centuries and each of them was a higher score than the previous one (200, 217, 222, 233, 270).
- He holds the record for the highest percentage of runs scored in matches won under his captaincy.
- In the year 2000, he was named one of the Wisden Cricketers of the year.
- In August 2011, by delivering the Bradman Oration in Canberra, Dravid became the first non-Australian to do so.
- After Sachin Tendulkar, Dravid is the only Indian cricketer to score 10000 runs both in Tests and ODIs.
- By having 210 catches, he holds the record for the most number of catches taken by a player (non-wicket-keeper).
- He is the only batsman to score a century in each test playing nation.
Rahul Dravid Preferences & Hobbies
- Hobbies: Playing Hockey, Listening Music, Reading
- Favorite Cricketers: Sachin Tendulkar
- Favorite Sportspersons: Sachin Tendulkar
- Favorite Food: Chicken Tikka Masala, Dal and Rice, Mango Milkshake
- Favorite Movie: Braveheart, Ghost
- Favorite Color: Blue
- Favorite Film: Braveheart, Ghost
Rahul Dravid Relationship Status
- Marital Status: Married
- Wife: Vijeta Pendharkar, Surgeon
- Marriage Date: (4 May 2003)
- Children: Samit Dravid, Anvay Dravid
Awards and Recognitions
- Wisden Cricketers of the Year (2000)
- Arjuna Award for Cricket (1998)
- Padma Bhushan (2013)
- Padma Shri (2004)
- ICC Award for Test Player of the Year (2004)
- Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy (2004)
Controversies did by Rahul Dravid ( Indian Cricketer )
- During the ODI with Zimbabwe in January 2004, he was fined half of his match fees for Ball-Tempering.
- He was criticized for declaring the Indian inning during the Multan test in March 2004, when Sachin Tendulkar was at the crease with 194 Runs with 16 over remaining.
The All Out Cricket Post Interview Of Rahul Dravid
- He started playing cricket at the age of 12 and scored a century in his school time.
- His father worked in a factory that makes jams which Resulted in his “Jemmy”
- His other moniker, “The Wall” came from an advertisement by Reebok which mentioned him as “The Wall”
- In 2004-2005, Dravid was voted the sexist sports Personality in India in an online survey.
Checkout Biographies Of Popular Cricketers
- South Africa Cricketers Biography
- England Cricketers Biography
- Australia Cricketers Biography
- NewZealand Cricketers Biography
- Bangladesh Cricketers Biography
- Pakistan Cricketers Biography
- West Indies Cricketers Biography
Section: Cricketer Biography – Rahul Dravid Cricketer Biography
Check Out Important Post
• Download MPL APK & Use MPL Referral Code - Get Rs.100 Sign-up Bonus
• VIVO IPL 2020 | Match Schedule, Time Table & Venue
• Download Dream11 Apk, Use Referral Code - Get Free Rs.100
• Check out Cricketer Full Biography, Height, Weight & Record
• Top Best Fantasy Cricket Apps List To Earn Real Cash