Rohit Sharma Biography
Rohit Sharma is one of the best batsmen in India. Sharma made his first-class debut for India A against New Zealand A at Darwin in July 2006, and he scored 57 and 22 as India won by three wickets. Sharma has been one of the most successful players in the Indian Premier League (IPL) as captain since 2013 of the Mumbai Indians, who have won the tournament four times under his leadership.
Sharma is considered an aggressive batsman but with style and elegance. He is usually an opening batsman in limited-overs cricket but has played most of his test cricket as a middle-order batsman. Sharma holds the world record for the highest individual score by a batsman playing in a one-day international match, having scored 264 against Sri Lanka at Eden Gardens, Kolkata, on November 13 2014.
- Name: Rohit Gurunath Sharma
- Nickname: Hitman, Ro, Shaana
- Role: Batsman
- Batting Style: Right-handed
- Bowling Style: Right-arm Off-Spin
Rohit Sharma Physical Appearance
- Height (approx.): 173 cm
- Weight (approx.): 72 kg
- Eye Colour: Dark Brown
- Hair Colour: Black
Rohit Sharma Personal Life
- Date of Birth: April 30 1987
- Age: 32 Years
- Birth Place: Bansod, Nagpur, Maharashtra, India
- Zodiac sign: Taurus
- Nationality: Indian
- School: Swami Vivekanand International School and Junior College, Mumbai
Our Lady of Vailankanni High School, Mumbai
- College: NA
- Educational Qualifications: 12th standard
Rohit Sharma Family
- Father: Gurunath Sharma
- Mother: Purnima Sharma
- Brother: Vishal Sharma
- Sister: NA
- Coach/Mentor: Dinesh Lad
- Religion: Hinduism
- Address: A 4-BHK apartment in Ahuja Towers, Worli, Mumbai
Rohit Sharma Cricket Career
- Test: 27
- ODI: 206
- T20: 321
- Jersey Number: #45 (India), #45 (IPL)
- Domestic/State Teams: Mumbai, Mumbai Indians
- Nature on the field: Calm
Rohit Sharma Records
• Highest individual score in an ODI match (264 runs).
• The first player to score two double centuries in ODIs.
• Shares the record for the several 6s in an ODI match (16 sixes), joining AB de Villiers and Chris Gayle.
• Second Indian player after Suresh Raina scored a century in each of the three formats (Test, ODI, T20).
• Highest ODI score by a visiting batsman against Australia in Australia (171 runs).
• The third Indian player to score more than 1,000 runs against Australia in ODIs, joining Sachin Tendulkar and MS Dhoni.
• During the 2019 World Cup, apart from being the highest run-scorer (648 runs), he broke many records, including the most number of World Cup centuries. He scored his fifth ton in the World Cup in the last league match of India against Sri Lanka, breaking Kumar Sangakkara’s record for the most number of centuries in a single World Cup in the process. He also equalled the record for most centuries (i.e., 6 in number) in World Cups with Sachin Tendulkar. He also became only the fourth international batsman after Sachin Tendulkar (India – 2003), Mathew Hayden (Australia – 2007) and Shakib Al Hasan (Bangladesh – 2019) to score over 600 runs in a single edition of the World Cup.
• On October 5 2019, during a test match against South Africa, he became the first batsman to score two centuries on debut as an opener.
Rohit Sharma Preferences
- Hobbies: Travelling, watching movies, playing table tennis & video games
- Favourite Cricketers: Sachin Tendulkar, Harbhajan Singh.
- Favorite Sportspersons: Virender Sehwag
- Favourite Food: Aloo Parantha, Chinese cuisine, eggs
- Favourite Color: Black
Rohit Sharma Wife and Children
- Marital Status: Married
- Wife: Ritika Sajdeh
- Marriage Date: December 13 2015
- Children: Samaira (born in 2018)
Rohit Sharma Awards and Recognitions
His unbeaten score of 142 runs in 123 balls in West Zone against North Zone, at Udaipur in the 2005 Deodhar Trophy.
Rohit Sharma Controversies
In the 2015 World Cup quarter-final match between India and Bangladesh, when Rubel Hossain took the wicket of Rohit Sharma, Pakistan’s umpire Aleem Dar adjudged Rubel’s full-toss as waist-high ‘no-ball’. However, TV replays showed a real touch-and-go situation that could have gone either way. The next day, ICC president Mustafa Kamal criticized “poor umpiring.” ICC, however, claimed that it was a 50-50 call, and the umpire’s decision must be respected.
More about Rohit Sharma
Rohit Sharma is the most fantastic cricketer in Indian Cricket Team. Currently, he serves as the Indian team captain in the absence of regular Indian Team Captain Virat Kohli. He was born on April 30 1987, at Bansod in Nagpur, Maharashtra, and his real name is Rohit Gurunath Sharma. His father was worked as a caretaker of a storehouse while his mother was a housewife. Before reaching such a level, his family faced lots of struggles. Due to this reason, the childhood of Rohit Sharma was gone with his grandparents at Borivali suburbs in Mumbai.
Rohit got interested in cricket when he was eight years old. Rohit Sharma was studied at Swami Vivekanand International School at the time. He switched schools because he wanted to get coached under coach Dinesh to pursue his career in cricket. When Rohit intends to continue his cricket practice, his family won’t be able to pay fees, so his coach helps him out and manages the scholarship for him for four years. Due to his hard-working nature, Rohit scores a century on his debut in school cricket.
After lots of hard work, he made his debut in 2005, where he is playing from the West Zone in Deodhar Trophy at Gwalior. After playing more and more, he got another chance at Ranji Trophy in Mumbai in 2006. He also became the captain of Ranji Matches. He played in domestic and international between 2013-2014. Rohit also has to face some hard times after getting selected for International Indian Cricket Team, and he is known as a middle-order player for the team.
It was a hard time for Rohit Sharma because he scored two centuries against Zimbabwe and Sri Lanka in 2010. Still, after that, he loses against South Africa, which turns off his chances to enter the International Cricket Team. After getting so much defeat, he didn’t lose his patience and worked harder and got another case against the West Indies. Check out his career details.
Recent News:- Rohit Sharma is the named as captain India in the T20I series against New Zealand
Section: Cricketer Biography
Check Out Important Post
• Download Vision11 Apk | Best Fantasy App - Get Rs.300 Bonus
• Download MPL APK & Use MPL Referral Code - Get Rs.100 Sign-up Bonus
• TATA IPL 2022 | Match Schedule, Time Table & Venue
• Download Dream11 Apk, Use Referral Code - Get Free Rs.100
• Check out Cricketer Full Biography, Height, Weight & Record
• Top Best Fantasy Cricket Apps List To Earn Real Cash