Chennai Super Kings is the most successful team in the history of IPL and have been a part of playoffs in the all the seasons they have played. The franchise has made it seven times to the final of the mega tournament and is the undisputed kings of IPL. However, the current season has been nothing short of a disaster for them. The team has struggled and has lost five of the seven matches they have played. After their recent loss, the skipper of the side Mahendra Singh Dhoni accepted that the team has a few holes to fill in the squad.
Mid-Season transfer window seems like the perfect opportunity for the management. The CSK side has looked extremely vulnerable in the batting department and will look to bring in the batsman. Let us look at three players who can join CSK in the coming mid-season transfer window:
- Ajinkya Rahane: Ajinka Rahane who was a sure short starter for Rajasthan last year has struggled to find a spot in Delhi Capitals this season. The stability of Delhi Capitals makes it difficult for him to find a place in the squad. The injury to Rishabh Pant has opened a spot for him in the team but it looks more likely like a temporary spot. A player of his calibre needs to be a regular starter in the team and even the Delhi Capitals management realizes the fact. Ajinkya Rahane can easily grab the opening spot in Chennai Super Kings side and would be eager to join the team. The only hurdle would be Delhi Capitals who might not be willing to release a player of Rahane’s quality.
- Deepak Hooda: If one team has performed poorly than Chennai Super Kings then it has to be Kings XI Punjab. The side has lost six games in seven and have a solitary victory under their name. However, more surprising is the exclusion of Deepak Hooda from the team. They have a surplus of middle-order batsmen including Sarfaraz Khan, Karun Nair and Prabhsimran Singh and all have been tried before Deepak Hooda indicating a clear distrust of the management in the former. However, Deepak Hooda could just be a perfect option for Chennai. He can play in the middle order and will give stability to a fluid Chennai batting order. He should be an easy bag for Chennai management.
- Parthiv Patel: The Gujarat skipper is an IPL veteran and has been a part of IPL since its inception. A part of Royal Challengers Bangalore outfit, the right-hander is clearly not part plans for the team. However, his versatility in the batting order could prove useful for the Chennai side. They can adjust him in the playing XI at the expense at one of the openers and strengthen their middle order by pushing Faf Du Plessis down the order. Though, not the most convincing player at the top, Parthiv Patel is a dependable option and is better than the bench players present in the Chennai outfit.
Check Out Important Post
• Download MPL APK & Use MPL Referral Code - Get Rs.100 Sign-up Bonus
• VIVO IPL 2020 | Match Schedule, Time Table & Venue
• Download Dream11 Apk, Use Referral Code - Get Free Rs.100
• Check out Cricketer Full Biography, Height, Weight & Record
• Top Best Fantasy Cricket Apps List To Earn Real Cash