Gautam Gambhir Full Biography
Born on 14 October 1981, Gautam Gambhir is an Indian Politician and former Indian cricketer who played all formats of cricket. Currently, he is a member of the Lok Sabha since 2019.
He was a left-handed opening batsman who played for Delhi daredevils and captained Kolkata knight riders in the Indian Premier League. He made his international debut in ODI against Bangladesh in 2003 and Test against Australia in the same year.
Gautam Gambhir Cricketer- Basic Information
- Name: Gautam Gambhir
- Nickname: Gauti
- Role: Batsman
- Batting Style: Left-Handed Bat
- Bowling Style: Right-arm leg-break
Gautam Gambhir Physical Appearance
- Height (approx.): 5 ft 6 in
- Weight (approx.): 66Kg
- Eye Colour: Light Brown
- Hair Colour: Black
Personal Life Of Gautam Gambhir
- Date of Birth: 14 October 1981
- Age: 38 Years (As On 2020)
- Birth Place: New Delhi, India
- Zodiac sign: Libra
- Nationality: Indian
- School: Modern School, Delhi
- College: Hindu College, University of Delhi
- Educational Qualifications: Graduate
- Net Worth: 124 cr.
Gautam Gambhir Family & Religion
- Father: Deepak Gambhir (Textile businessman)
- Mother: Seema Gambhir (Housewife)
- Brother: NA
- Sister: Ekta (Younger)
- Coach/Mentor: Sanjay Bhardwaj, Pawan Gulati, Raju Tondon
- Religion: Khatri, Hindu
- Address: A bungalow in Rajendra Nagar, Central Delhi
Cricket Career Of Gautam Gambhir
- Test: 13 September 2007 against Scotland at Durban
- ODI: 15 June 2014 against Bangladesh at Dhaka
- T20: 17 July 2015 against Zimbabwe at Harare
- Internation Retirement: 4 December 2018 (from all formats of cricket)
- Jersey Number: #5 (India), #5 (IPL)
- Domestic/State Teams: Delhi, Delhi Daredevils, Essex, India Red, Indian Board President’s XI, Kolkata Knight Riders, Rajasthan Cricket Association President’s XI
- Nature on the field: Aggressive
Gautam Gambhir Batting Career
Gautam Gambhir Bowling Career
Highlighted Records Of Gautam Gambhir
- Gautam holds the record of scoring most runs (1269 runs) in the 2008-09 season.
- Gambhir also recorded most ODI centuries in 2008 by an Indian.
- He smashed the most number of Test centuries in 2009 by an Indian.
- He was the 1st Indian & 4th overall cricketer to slam 5 back to back centuries in 5 Test matches.
- He was also the first Indian player to score more than 300 runs in 4 consecutive Test series.
- He became the 2nd cricketer after Sir Viv Richards to smash 11 half-centuries in 11 consecutive Test matches.
- Gautam Gambhir and Chris Lynn stitched a record opening partnership of 184 runs while batting for Kolkata Knight Riders against Gujarat Lions in 2017
Gautam Gambhir Preferences & Hobbies
- Hobbies: PSP, Reading, Playing badminton, Meditation, Yoga, Listening to music
- Favorite Cricketers: Rahul Dravid and Sachin Tendulkar
- Favorite Sportspersons: NA
- Favorite Actor: Ranvir Singh, Deepika Padukone
- Favorite Food: NA
- Favorite Color: NA
- Cars Collection: BMW Gran Turismo
Gautam Gambhir Relationship Status
- Marital Status: Married
- Wife: Natasha Jain
- Marriage Date: 28 October 2011
- Children: Aazeen Gambhir (Daughter), Anaiza Gambhir (Daughter)
Awards and Recognitions
- 2009– ICC Test Player of the Year award
- 2009– Arjuna Award (India’s 2nd highest sporting award)
- 2019: On 16 March, the President of India, Ram Nath Kovind, honored him with Padma Shri
Controversies did by Gautam Gambhir ( Indian Cricketer )
- In 2007, during the 3rd ODI against Pakistan at Kanpur, he had a verbal fight with Shahid Afridi, after having a collision with each other.
- In 2010, during an Asia Cup, Pakistan’s Kamran Akmal made a loud appeal against Gambhir, which made Gambhir angry.
- In 2013, during an IPL 6 match between Royal Challengers Bangalore, and Kolkata Knightriders, Gambhir and Virat Kohli had an ugly spat.
- In 2017, cricketer Gautam Gambhir came to know that two pubs in Delhi- Ghungroo and Hawalat, owned by Gautam Gambhir, (The pub owner with the same name as cricketer Gautam Gambhir) intentionally used cricketer Gambhir’s name as a tagline. Being a teetotaller, cricketer Gambhir didn’t like it, sent numerous requests, and even a legal notice. But after no response from the pub owner, he filed a complaint against them. In January 2018, the Delhi High Court restrained the pub owner from using his name as their tagline.
The All Out Cricket Post Interview Of Gautam Gambhir
- Born into an upper-middle-class family, Gautam Gambhir has a Punjabi background.
- His maternal grandparents, Sat Pal Gulati and Asha Pal Gulati adopted Gambhir from his parents when he was just 18 days old.
- He started playing cricket at the age of 10 and was part of his school’s team.
- In 2000, he enrolled himself at the National Cricket Academy in Bengaluru.
- Cricketer Rajat Bhatia is his school friend, who was also the cricket team captain at his school.
- If he wasn’t a cricketer, he would have been a soldier.
- The opening pair of Gambhir and his friend cum teammate Virender Sehwag is counted amongst the most successful batting pair as they had scored their runs at more than 4.5 runs per over.
- His favorite knock was against New Zealand in 2009 at Napier, where he scored 137 runs, in 643 minutes, in the 2nd innings, that helped India save the match.
- He was India’s top scorer in the 2007 ICC World Twenty20, with 227 runs, including the 75 runs knock in the finals against Pakistan.
- He played a pivotal role in the 2011 World Cup as he scored 97 runs against Sri Lanka in the World Cup finals.
- Under his captaincy, India had won 6 out of 6 matches.
- Kolkata Knight Riders won IPL Champions in 2012 and 2014 when Gautam was their skipper.
- He had a hair transplant in 2014.
- In 2017, he founded ‘The Gautam Gambhir Foundation’, which carries out many philanthropic activities, such as feeding poor people, carrying out the educational expenses of the children of martyred soldiers.
- Many people were shocked when Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) didn’t retain him in the 2018 IPL auction, after which Delhi Daredevils bought him. Later, it was revealed that before the auction, he requested the KKR management not to bid for him in the auction as he wanted to leave KKR for a different challenge.
- In the midway of IPL 11 in 2018, Shreyas Iyer replaced him as the skipper of ‘Delhi Daredevils’ after he stepped down due to his poor batting performance in the initial matches that led to series of loses for the team.
- He is a Teetotaller.
- He is superstitious as he keeps his pads on till the end of every match.
Checkout Biographies Of Popular Cricketers
- South Africa Cricketers Biography
- England Cricketers Biography
- Australia Cricketers Biography
- NewZealand Cricketers Biography
- Bangladesh Cricketers Biography
- Pakistan Cricketers Biography
- West Indies Cricketers Biography
Section: Cricketer Biography – Gautam Gambhir Cricketer Biography
Check Out Important Post
• Download MPL APK & Use MPL Referral Code - Get Rs.100 Sign-up Bonus
• VIVO IPL 2020 | Match Schedule, Time Table & Venue
• Download Dream11 Apk, Use Referral Code - Get Free Rs.100
• Check out Cricketer Full Biography, Height, Weight & Record
• Top Best Fantasy Cricket Apps List To Earn Real Cash